Thursday, February 26, 2009

She's Getting So Big!






Well Elizabeth has reached a new milestone!!! She now has earrings!!!!






We had gone to the Mall right before Valentine's Day and she had mentioned that she wanted to get her ears pierced when we were there. We did not end up doing it that night and I thought that she would forget about it. Well I was wrong. She has been asking about it ever since. Yesterday morning when I was watching our neighbors daughter, Elizabeth noticed that she had earrings. She then asked if she could get earrings too. I told her yes, some day. She replied with "Can we do it this day, please." How could I say no. I had told her that it would hurt. It was going to pinch her ears, but she still wanted to do it.






So last night off to the mall we go again. Nana met us there to help in case we needed it. I was fully prepared to accept that we might have to leave with only one ear done. There was a teenage girl getting hers done right before us and we watched quietly to see what happens. I asked Elizabeth one more time if she really wanted to do this. She shook her head yes. We went to the counter so she could pick out which earrings she wanted. She decided on her birthstone ones.






So now it was our time. I picked her up and placed her on the tall stool. She looked so tiny sitting up there like a big girl. The woman made the marker marks on her ear lobes and asked if they were where we wanted them to be. They looked good so now it was time to pierce the ears. She tells Elizabeth that she will count to three and then she will feel the pinch. They would do one ear and then the other.






1,2,3, pinch...I waited to hear the scream, but it was quiet. Elizabeth looked for one second that she might cry, but she didn't. She was so brave and did an awesome job. After the second ear I picked her up and gave her a giant hug. We asked her if it hurt, and she said "NO" She got her lollipop and off we went to go ride a few rides.

2 comments:

beanhead said...

What a great story. How fast they grow up.

Cammie said...

Yeah Elizabeth you brave girl! Your earrings are beautiful!!