Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter

Well this past weekend was Easter. Now in order to get ready for Easter, my mom and dad have been here the weekend and the Saturday before Easter. My mom cleaned the whole house and got everything set up for me. My dad was here the whole week trying to put up a new swing/play set that we bought the kids. We wanted to have it put together before Easter. The beginning of the week was rainy and then the weather was nice enough to put it all together. It was not an easy task. The pieces needed to be drilled and it was more time consuming than we had thought it was going to be. But good ol' papa had it done in time. I don't think that a day has gone by since that Elizabeth has not used the play set, so it was well worth it. It was also used a
lot on Easter.

The kids had a great time decorating eggs on Saturday afternoon with Nana and Papa. On Easter morning they were all awake at 5:15am. Now on Christmas we had to wake them up, but for the Easter Bunny we wake up very early. They all had to search for their baskets and then they had to find all the eggs that had been decorated the day before that the Easter Bunny hides on them. At church, Elizabeth slept the whole time. I think that she was a little tired from the morning. We then had my mom and dad, my Nana, Aunt Linda, Cousin Audra, her husband Steve, and their two children Hannah and Nate here for Easter dinner. The kids had a great time playing together and on their 116 Easter egg hunt outside. I still think that we are missing a few of the eggs. Hannah and Eric were lucky enough to find a few more eggs after all the other kids came inside because they were outside climbing trees. Todd was the one to hide eggs up in the trees. It was a very nice day.

No comments: